Get Help Now
+1 (520) 323 7697
Tucson Septic Solutions
Looking for top-notch septic tank services in Tucson, Arizona? Your search ends with Curtis Plumbing. With over five decades of dedicated service, Curtis Plumbing stands as the premier choice for all your septic needs in Tucson.
At Curtis Plumbing, we specialize in diagnosing and repairing all septic system problems. Whether you need routine pumping, maintenance, or extensive repairs, our skilled team has you covered. Additionally, we excel in the installation of new septic tanks and leach fields, ensuring your system operates efficiently for years to come.
Our fleet comprises three well-maintained septic pump trucks, showcasing our commitment to reliable and efficient service. Curtis Plumbing ensures that our equipment meets the highest standards, guaranteeing optimal performance for every job we undertake.
Choose Curtis Plumbing for unparalleled septic tank services in Tucson, Arizona. Experience the difference that 50+ years of expertise can make. Contact us today for all your septic system needs, and let us elevate your expectations of plumbing excellence.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU PUMP YOUR SEPTIC TANK?
While general guidelines suggest septic tanks should be pumped every 2-5 years, we believe in a personalized approach. At Curtis Plumbing, we emphasize the significance of pumping your septic system based on its unique needs. The key factor determining the frequency of pumping is the levels of sludge and scum inside the tank.
How Your Septic System Operates
Your septic system relies on the natural force of gravity to separate household wastewater into three distinct components:
- Solids (sludge) settle at the tank’s bottom.
- Grease (scum) floats to the top.
- Watery mix (effluent) resides in the middle.
In normal operations, sludge and scum remain in the septic tank, while the watery mix flows into the drain field. Periodic cleaning is crucial to remove sludge and scum, ensuring a smooth flow of wastewater.
The Consequences of Neglected Maintenance
Neglecting septic tank maintenance can lead to dangerous consequences. If sludge or scum levels rise excessively, they may be forced into the drain field along with the watery effluent. This can result in clogged underground systems, slow drains, and even wastewater backups into your Tucson home. Beyond the inconvenience, it poses health risks due to the presence of dangerous bacteria.
Choose Curtis Plumbing for Your Septic System Needs in Tucson, Arizona
When it comes to septic system care in Tucson, trust Curtis Plumbing to deliver reliable, personalized solutions. Our experienced team ensures your system operates efficiently, preventing costly repairs and safeguarding your home and family.
Septic system repair in Tucson
When it comes to addressing your septic repair or septic service needs in Tucson, look no further than Curtis Plumbing. We take pride in offering a diverse range of high-quality septic repair services designed to cater to all situations. At Curtis Plumbing, we understand the importance of prompt and reliable service, and that’s why our team of expert septic technicians is ready to assist you.
Curtis Plumbing is your one-stop solution for all septic-related services. Our skilled team is equipped to handle septic pumping, maintenance, and repairs with precision and efficiency. Additionally, we specialize in the installation of new septic tanks and leach fields, ensuring the proper setup for optimal performance.
For property sales, trust Curtis Plumbing to pump and certify your septic systems. We understand the importance of a smooth property transaction, and our certified services guarantee the functionality and compliance of your septic systems. To further streamline the process, we offer the option to call PDEQ and request records for just $25.00. In cases where records are unavailable, our advanced electronic tank locating technology allows us to efficiently pinpoint your tank’s location.
Tucson’s Septic Tanks and Professional Septic Services in Tucson
Key components of a septic system, including pumps, sumps, filters, and alarms, are meticulously inspected by our skilled team. During septic tank pumping, our technicians locate and excavate the large access holes in the tank lid, ensuring a thorough cleaning process. We pump out both sides of the tank, rinse it, and meticulously check the outlet baffle tee for any issues.
Our services extend beyond installation – if your septic system is equipped with a filter, we clean and maintain it to ensure optimal functionality. Additionally, we conduct thorough tests on the leach field to confirm that it meets proper working conditions.
Septic Tank Dos and Don’ts
- Regular Inspections: Ensure the longevity of your septic tank by scheduling regular inspections and pumping every few years. Curtis Plumbing offers professional inspection services to keep your system running smoothly.
- Landscaping Awareness: When planning your landscaping, be mindful of your septic system’s location. Avoid installing features, driving heavy vehicles, or conducting construction activities in this area to prevent damage.
- Water Conservation: Help protect your septic system by conserving water. Simple steps like fixing leaks and using water-efficient appliances contribute to reducing the load on your system.
- No Garbage Down the Drain: Resist the temptation to treat your system like a garbage disposal. Curtis Plumbing advises against using your plumbing system to dispose of items such as sanitary napkins, baby wipes, cat litter, plastics, paper towels, excessive toilet paper, condoms, and more.
- Mindful Flushing: Avoid flushing non-biodegradable items down the toilet. Opt for responsible disposal methods instead. Curtis Plumbing is here to assist with any plumbing issues resulting from improper flushing practices.
SEPTIC SYSTEM INSPECTIONS
A manual on inspecting septic systems
As seasoned plumbing experts in Tucson and the surrounding areas, we emphasize the significance of regular septic inspections. When buying a home, it becomes even more critical to have a thorough septic inspection. Many new homeowners may encounter a septic system for the first time, and a comprehensive inspection can prevent future costly repairs or the need for a full septic replacement.
Unlike visible issues such as faulty roofing or house fixtures, septic tank malfunctions are not easily detectable, as the system is concealed underground. Unfortunately, septic tanks are often neglected by homeowners until a problem arises. This oversight can lead to significant plumbing issues and expenses that could have been avoided through proactive maintenance.
Preventing Health Hazards
Septic system failures can pose serious health hazards, including sewage back-up, clogged pipes, and drain field overflows. To safeguard your home and family, routine septic inspections are indispensable. Our experienced team at Curtis Plumbing is here to guide you through the essential aspects of septic inspection to ensure the longevity and efficiency of your plumbing system.
What Does a Septic Inspection Entail?
Our thorough septic inspection process adheres to the highest industry standards and is designed to provide you with a detailed analysis of your septic system’s condition. Here’s an overview of the key steps we take during our inspections:
- Locating the Septic Tank and Drain Field Area: Our experienced technicians carefully locate your septic tank and drain field area, ensuring a precise assessment of your entire system.
- Removal of Septic Tank Covers: We systematically remove septic tank covers to access critical components, allowing us to inspect the internal elements of your septic tank thoroughly.
- Inspection of Septic Inlet, Outlet, and Partition Wall: Our trained professionals examine the septic inlet, outlet, and partition wall to identify any signs of wear, damage, or blockages that may affect the system’s functionality.
- Evaluation of Sludge and Scum Levels: We measure and analyze the sludge and scum levels within your septic tank, providing insights into the overall health and efficiency of the system.
- Determination of Pump and Float Location (if necessary): If your septic system includes a pump and float mechanism, we carefully determine their location and assess their condition to ensure optimal performance.
- Test Hole Digging in the Drain Field Area: As part of our in-depth inspection, we may dig test holes in the drain field area to assess the operational level of effluent waste, allowing us to identify potential issues that may not be visible on the surface.
Once the inspection is complete, our team compiles a comprehensive report detailing the condition of your septic system. This report serves as a valuable resource for understanding the health of your system and addressing any necessary maintenance or repairs promptly.
Your Guide to Septic Inspection
- Regular Inspections: Schedule routine septic inspections to identify potential issues before they escalate. This proactive approach can save you both time and money in the long run.
- Early Detection: Unlike visible home features, septic tank malfunctions are challenging to detect without professional inspection. Early detection of issues can prevent costly repairs and disruptions to your daily life.
- Home Buying Considerations: If you’re in the process of purchasing a new home, a thorough septic inspection is a must. This step can reveal hidden problems and provide you with the necessary information to make informed decisions about your investment.
At Curtis Plumbing, we prioritize your plumbing needs and strive to provide the best solutions tailored to our local community. With our team of skilled plumbers, we are dedicated to ensuring your septic system operates efficiently, minimizing the risk of emergencies and costly repairs.
SEPTIC SYSTEM CLEANING
Why is Septic Tank Cleaning Important?
Your septic tank plays a crucial role in maintaining a healthy and functional plumbing system. At Curtis Plumbing, we understand the importance of proper maintenance to ensure the well-being of your household. Serving the Tucson, Arizona community, we specialize in offering top-notch septic tank services to keep your home’s plumbing running smoothly.
Did you know that everything that goes down your drain, from wastewater to various other substances, eventually finds its way into your septic tank? It’s a direct connection that demands attention and care. A full septic tank not only poses health risks to your family but can also lead to unpleasant and unsanitary backups in your kitchen sink, toilet, and bathroom.
The key to avoiding such issues lies in regular and effective maintenance. Curtis Plumbing is here to provide expert septic tank cleaning and maintenance services in Tucson and surrounding areas. Our team of skilled plumbers is committed to ensuring your septic system functions optimally, preventing potential health hazards and messy disruptions in your home
How Often Do You Need to Clean Your Tank?
Determining the ideal frequency for septic cleaning involves considering several key factors:
- Tank Size: The size of your septic tank plays a crucial role in determining how often it should be pumped. Our experienced team at Curtis Plumbing can assess your tank’s size and recommend a pumping schedule that ensures efficient waste management.
- Household Size: The number of occupants in your home directly impacts the amount of wastewater generated. Larger households may require more frequent septic cleaning to prevent overloading the system. We tailor our services to meet the specific needs of your household size.
- Total Waste Generation: Understanding the total waste generated by your household is essential in maintaining a healthy septic system. Curtis Plumbing offers comprehensive assessments to gauge your waste production and recommends a cleaning schedule that aligns with your specific requirements.
- Foreign Objects in Wastewater: The presence of foreign objects in your wastewater can lead to clogs and potential system failures. Our skilled professionals identify and address any issues related to foreign objects during the septic cleaning process, ensuring the longevity of your system.
- Chemical Usage: The use of chemicals, including enzymes, for tank maintenance can impact the overall health of your septic system. Curtis Plumbing provides guidance on suitable products and their appropriate usage to enhance the effectiveness of your tank maintenance routine.
Our Process for Septic Tank Cleaning
- Inspection: Our skilled technicians conduct a thorough inspection of your septic system to identify any signs of damage or issues that may require attention.
- Efficient Cleaning: Using state-of-the-art equipment, we ensure a comprehensive cleaning of your septic tank, removing accumulated sludge and preventing potential problems.
- Environmentally Friendly Practices: Curtis Plumbing is committed to eco-friendly practices. We dispose of waste responsibly and adhere to all environmental regulations.
- Post-Cleaning Assessment: After completing the cleaning process, we assess the overall condition of your septic system and provide recommendations for ongoing maintenance.
While adhering to the recommended pumping schedule is essential, our septic tank maintenance experts go the extra mile by offering personalized advice based on your unique circumstances. Trust Curtis Plumbing for reliable and efficient septic system solutions in Tucson, Arizona.
Contact us today for expert guidance on septic system maintenance, and let Curtis Plumbing be your go-to partner for all your plumbing needs in the local Tucson area. We are committed to ensuring the longevity and optimal performance of your septic system through our dedicated services.